I am a firm believer that there is nothing better than a slice of cake, a cookie, and a rich and fudge brownie. Sometimes I think there is no better medicine than a brownie. Growing up, brownies were always the thing that took forever to make and honestly was never fun! As an adult, I am realizing that the recipe I used just sucked. I had to melt the chocolate. Shave the chocolate and yada yada. After years of dreading the process of making brownies, I have created the most delicious gluten-free and vegan brownie. Say goodbye to dry and boring brownies.
It is no surprise that chocolate is amazing. But something about the holiday season makes chocolate taste that much better! Last year, I was on a chocolate kick with my chocolate snickerdoodles, chocolate crinkle cookies, peppermint chocolate chunk cookies (these are amazing!), and peppermint chocolate chunk quick-bread. This year, with our move I have been focusing on my favorite recipes from the past!
When I created this recipe, I wanted this to be the easiest go-to recipe for gluten-free brownies. Brownies to me need to have a gooey center, crispy edges, and that nice crinkly top! Chocolate chunks are a plus – and sometimes the occasional walnut! These brownies have all those components but are gluten-free and vegan. I mean…woah, am I right?
What makes a good gluten-free brownie?
Consistency with gluten-free baked goods is key! I always use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 flour and Earth Balance vegan butter. Bob’s Red Mill flour (specifically the 1:1) is the BEST gluten-free flour. Not all gluten-free flour is created equally. Some contain different blends that have too much or too little of certain grains. If your baked goods are turning out wet they have too much almond flour in them, if they are dry there is too much rice flour or coconut flour in your mixture. I write all of my recipes with gluten-free 1:1 flour for consistency and texture that emulates all-purpose flour.
Let’s bake some brownies!Print
Gluten-Free & Vegan Chocolate Fudgy Brownies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies (2.5×2.5″) 1x
- Category: Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Diet: Gluten Free
The best gluten-free and vegan brownies you will ever taste. They have crispy edges, crinkly top and the soft and gooey center makes these a dream! These brownies are easy to make and a crowd favorite.
- 3/4 cups of melted vegan butter ( I use earth balance)
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or dairy free alternative
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3/4 cups of unsweetend cocoa powder
- 1/2 cups of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 2 cups of gluten-free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill 1:1)
- Preheat your oven to 325°f and lightly grease a 9×9″ pan with vegan butter
- Melt your butter and chop your chocolate into chunks – set the chocolate aside
- In your bowl, combine your melted butter and sugar
- Add in your vanilla extract, salt and baking powder
- Next add your cocoa powder and almond milk
- Finally, mix in your gluten-free flour until a batter forms
- Fold in your chocolate chips or chunks with a rubber spatula and spread evenly into your pan
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is crispy and the middle comes out with minimal crumbs when tested with a toothpick
- Let the brownies cool for at least 15 minutes before eating
Keywords: gluten-free brownies, gluten free vegan brownies, vegan brownies
Are you ready to bake now?
My mouth is watering is yours? One thing I have to remind myself with this recipe is that I shouldn’t eat a brownie without a big glass of water or cashew milk (my favorite milk), because dang they are fantastic! The rich chocolate flavor shines with the soft center and the crunchy edges are oh-so mouth watering with every bite!
Follow along for more!
Follow my social for my day to day, my email for new recipes and tag me if you make any of them!
Gluten-Free & Vegan Oreo Fudge Brownies - Paige BakesMay 12, 2021 at 7:13 am
[…] this year I shared two recipes, my gluten-free and vegan chocolate fudge brownies and these gluten-free and vegan double chocolate chunk cookies. I have been stockpiling a box of […]