There is a trend with me and chocolate cookies. I absolutely love chocolate cookies that are tender and sweet but also really taste the cocoa!
Christmas seems to be the time where you get endless tins of mediocre peppermint bark in varying shapes, thickness and more. I am starting a trend where we give out these cookies instead! They are still full of peppermint and chocolate flavor but will switch up the annual cookie or sweet give!
These cookies are so easy to make, soft on the inside with a brownie like crunch on the outside! The soft peppermint filling in the cookie chunks add a delicious peppermint flavor to the chocolate flavor of the cookie.Print
sweet, bright and full of rich cocoa flavor!
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 10 gluten-free & vegan peppermint sandwich cookies (I got mine at Trader Joes)
- 1 3/4 cup of gluten-free flour
- preheat your oven to 350°F and line your baking sheet with parchment or a silicon baking sheet
- in a food processor or a blender, pulse your 10 peppermint sandwich cookies
- in a separate bowl, mix your melted coconut oil with your sugar and almond milk
- next, add in your baking powder, salt and vanilla extract
- fold in your almond flour, cocoa powder and your gluten-free flour to form a cookie dough
- add to your finished dough your pulsed pieces of cookies and lightly fold into the dough
- using a cookie scoop or a spoon, spoon 2″ dough balls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes until slightly cracked
- remove the sheet pan and finish baking the rest of the cookies
- eat and enjoy!
Keywords: gluten-free and vegan chocolate peppermint cookies
This recipe yields about 60 cookies that are perfectly bite sized. Due to the yield you can fill your friends, co-workers and family with a huge batch of these cookies during the holiday season!
The perfect cookie for any holiday gathering! Bake up a big batch and share them on instagram! Tag me so I can see your creations!