One of the most iconic cookies of the holidays in our family is the chocolate crinkle cookie. These little cookies are not only full of rich chocolate flavor, the powdered sugar makes them so festive for the holiday season! Really, anything with a powdered sugar dusting makes me so excited for Christmas! If only snow was as sweet and delish as powdered sugar!
The chocolate cookie! Let’s start there! Most gluten-free treats are dry and bland, but these chocolate cookies are soft and pillowy. The deep chocolate flavor with the touch of cinnamon adds a flavor similar to Mexican hot chocolate (which is amazing!). By adding a touch of cinnamon to these cookies the cocoa powder shines with every bite!
Let’s start baking!Print
Chocolate crinkle cookies are the best cookie of the holidays! This gluten-free and vegan take on thee classic cookie is a great addition to your holiday treat menu!
- s of vegan butter
- s of granulated sugar
- of ground cinnamon
- of 1:1 gluten-free flour (bob’s red mill is my fave!)
- of unsweetened cocoa powder
- of vanilla extract
- of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- preheat your oven to 350°F and line your baking sheet with parchment, reusable silicon pad or grease with vegan butter
- in a bowl with a mixer cream your vegan butter with your sugar – about 3 minutes until light and fluffy
- once they are mixed add in your vanilla extract, almond milk, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and ground cinnamon
- next add in your gluten-free flour, 1/4 cup at a time until well combined
- in a separate bowl, add your powdered sugar
- pinch 1″ ball of dough and roll in the palms of your hands to form a ball, roll each ball in the powdered sugar and set onto the baking sheet 2″ apart
- repeat until your dough is all rolled
- bake for 10-12 minutes and enjoy warm!
I love to bake these cookies for all my friends, neighbors, and co-workers because they last a really long time in a Tupperware on the counter! From the day after Thanksgiving to Christmas dinner I have these cookies on repeat in the oven. My chocolate snickerdoodles, chocolate peppermint bread and these are my go-to chocolate recipes for the holiday season!
Every Christmas I make a charcuterie style platter but with all cookies and treats! This year, I am filling the platter with chocolate crinkle cookies, pumpkin bread cookies, bites from my gluten-free and vegan monkey bread, and my gluten-free and vegan peppermint chocolate chunk cookies. The combination of all of these on one big platter makes the most ultimate Christmas treat platter! I’ll let you in on a secret! These recipes will fool any gluten-free teasers! My father-in-law personally loves all these recipes and secretly thinks they are healthy – we will let him have that one!
I can’t wait to see you all try these recipes and more importantly these cookies this holiday season! Tag me in all your baking adventures! @frontpaigebakes