Earlier this year I shared two recipes, my gluten-free and vegan chocolate fudge brownies and these gluten-free and vegan double chocolate chunk cookies. I have been stockpiling a box of gluten-free Oreos to make this recipe. Hiding those from my husband has been tricky, but I have managed to keep them a secret for recipe testing.
Do you guys remember Oreo brownies that you could get only on special occasions from the elementary school cafeteria? Well, my mom never let us buy them because they weren’t great for you, but my friends and I would always find a way to take a bite of them. Since I haven’t been able to eat Oreos for a while, I was thrilled when Oreo released their gluten-free line. I always thought as a kid it was so funny that we weren’t supposed to eat the Oreo Brownies at the school cafeteria but my mom would always pack us 2 Oreos in our lunch for a sweet dessert after our standard PB&J.
Oreos are so nostalgic. So many memories growing up involve Oreos and I felt that to perfectly highlight the new launch of the gluten-free Oreo why not make the forbidden treat of my childhood?!
Let’s Bake Oreo Brownies!Print
These delicious brownies are full of rich chocolate flavor and filled with chunks of gluten-free Oreo pieces. A perfect sweet treat for any occasion, birthday or just because!
- 3/4 cups of melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 cups of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cups of almond milk
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of gluten free flour
- 6–8 gluten-free Oreos
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and grease a 8×8″ square pan with vegan butter
- Melt your vegan butter and combine with your sugar in a mixing bowl
- Add in your baking powder, salt, vanilla extract and cocoa powder until combined
- Next add in your almond milk until the batter is loose
- Fold in your gluten free flour to form a batter
- Next, using your hands crumble the cookies into unique size chunks
- Fold your cookies into your batter gently and pour into your prepared tin
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until just cooked through
*use your hands to break the Oreos because it leaves more fun irregular pieces to fold into the brownies
Keywords: Oreo brownies, brownies
Share your brownies!
If you make these delicious brownies share them with! I was thinking that these would taste delicious with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream right on top! A perfect warm weather treat for a backyard bbq.
Double the chocolate flavor
One thing that stands out with this recipe is the rich double cocoa flavor. Brownies have such a rich cocoa flavor from the cocoa powder and the Oreos have a more chocolate flavor from the cookie. Together these two chocolate profiles compliment each other with the addition of the cream center. The little chunks of cream are my favorite bite in each slice of brownie!
Instead of cutting these Oreos, I like to break them up in my hands so the pieces are irregular when I fold them into the brownies. I love how one bite could have a larger piece and the next has more cookie.