As a kid my mom would make delicious rice krispie treats! They were always so chewy and sweet! In college my husband and I went through a HUGE peanut butter marshmallow phase (recipe here!). But, there is no secret here that marshmallows and butter aren’t healthy for you! I used KNOW foods, healthy marshmallows with no refined sugar to make the best chocolate marshmallow treats!
This is hands down one of my favorite recipes now and here is why!
healthy, chocolatey, and delish!
– 1 bag of KNOW foods chocolate marshmallows
– 1 tbsp of vegan butter
– 6 cups of gluten-free rice cereal
- in a saucepan melt your butter
- once your butter is melted, add in your marshmallows stir until fully melted
- add in your rice cereal while the saucepan is still on low heat
- coat your cereal in marshmallows and spread evenly on a baking sheet to cool
- once your treats have set, eat and enjoy!
One thing to note! Keep your heat on low when you stir your cereal into your marshmallows, and always grease your pan! Try these and you won’t be disappointed!