Every Christmas we make our favorite family recipe, the lemon bread. This year I teamed up with Health-Ade to create a take on my families favorite recipe with their ginger-lemon flavor. This flavor is bright, spicy and the perfect drink for the winter months.Print
the easiest, yummiest cake for every occasion!
- 1 cup of vegetable shortening (rainforest certified)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 zested lemon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 flax eggs or 4oz of whipped aquafaba
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- pre-heat your oven to 350°F, grease your loaf pan with vegan butter and dust with gluten-free flour
- in your bowl with a electric hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, whip your vegetable shortening with your sugar
- next add in your baking powder, salt, vanilla extract and lemon zest
- add in your flax eggs, lemon juice and your almond milk until combined *batter might separate here but it will come together 🙂
- lastly mix in your gluten-free flour until a soft batter forms
- when your batter is smooth with no lumps, scrape down the bowl and do one more pass through with the mixer to get the last of the mix combined
- in your prepared loaf pan, scrape all your batter into the pan
- place in the oven and bake for 65-70 minutes
- once cooked through, remove the cake and drizzle on your combined sugar and lemon juice mixture
- bake for a remaining 5 minutes to set the topping
- remove from the oven and let it cool for 30 minutes before slicing
- serve with ice cream or plain (my favorite way!)
* the batter might break after you add in the liquid but it will come together with the flour * make sure you don’t toss out the ends when you bake the bread, this is the best slice so save that slice for yourself
Keywords: gluten-free lemon bread, lemon bread, quick-bread
The flavors of ginger and lemon combined is hands down my favorite combination year round. Every night before bed I make my own tea that is grated ginger and freshly squeezed lemon. When Health-Ade asked me to create a recipe with their ginger-lemon flavor I knew I needed to make a lemon bread. Combining my two favorite flavors was a must!
This gluten-free and vegan bread defies the stereotypes of gluten-free & vegan baking. It’s so soft, tender and full of flavor. This quick bread has a soft but tangy top that allows you to get the tang of the lemon with the sweet sugary crunch!
Add this delish bread to your holiday table this season! A great breakfast for the day after Christmas or New Years Day!
Gluten free and vegan apple butter muffins are delicious and easy to make fall recipe! They are sweet, spicy, and full of crisp apples!
The perfect summer dessert perfectly proportioned for you and 2 other people! This 3-person cherry cobbler is a must for using sweet summer fruit!
The gluten-free and vegan zucchini bread of the summer! Use your fresh vegetables in a sweet, spicy and moist quick bread!
The gluten-free and vegan pantry gourmet version of your favorite candy bar, the Twix Bar!! Gourmet Twix bars are the recipe of summer!
Sugar free, sweet and did I mention they are no-bake? These little treats are so fun to eat and even more fun to make!
One of my all time favorite foods are loukoumathes, a greek honey cinnamon yeasted dough that is fried and then while still pipping hot, rolled in cinnamon and honey. These little pillows of heaven call my name all the time! Since I don’t have a giant pot to fill with bubbling oil to boil my… Read more
These cherry berry bliss bites are my go-to for a quick snack or a late-night treat! Dates, cherries, chia seeds, coconut, oats flax, and kombucha oh my!
Give yourself some self-care and hydrate your skin with this sugar srub!
sweet, refreshing and full of bright flavor, this is the most refreshing cocktail for spring and summer!
These gluten-free vegan blueberry jam coffee cake muffins are perfect for spring! Grab your favorite jam and start baking! Easy to make without a trip to the store!