DRUMMMM ROLLLL Please!
Introducing the new cookie of the season!
Think chocolate brownie meets spicy snickerdoodle! Not only are these perfect with a glass of almond milk, but they are amazing in your afternoon espresso!
Dunk. Bite. Dunk. Bite. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat! OOPS I ate all the cookies!Print
Gluten-Free & Vegan Chocolate Snickerdoodles
soft, sweet, spicy and perfect cookie for the winter months!
- 1/2 cups of vegan butter
- 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of 1:1 gluten-free flour (bob’s red mill is my fave!)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- preheat your oven to 350°F and line your baking sheet with parchment, reusable silicon pad or grease with vegan butter
- in a bowl with a mixer cream your vegan butter with your sugar – about 3 minutes until light and fluffy
- once they are mixed add in your vanilla extract, almond milk, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and ground cinnamon
- next add in your gluten-free flour, 1/4 cup at a time until well combined
- in a separate bowl, mix your ground cinnamon (2 tbsp) and sugar until evenly mixed and set aside
- pinch 1″ ball of dough and roll in the palms of your hands to form a ball, roll each ball in the sugar and cinnamon topping and set onto the baking sheet 2″ apart
- repeat until your dough is all rolled
- bake for 10-12 minutes and enjoy warm!
* can use regular milk or any milk alternative *ovens may differ in temperature, so bake times might change
Test out these for the holidays! For sure these delicious nibbles will be at our table!
One tradition we have at Christmas is serving tons of cookies, candies and pies for ultimate dessert game after dinner! Instead of classic snickerdoodles this year we are including more new recipes! In a family of chocolate lovers, they are sure to love this recipes! Test it out and let me know what you think, I love the feedback! Tag me on your posts @frontpaigebakes!
AngelicaOctober 16, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Hi! I was wondering what your favorite vegan butter is? I’ve tried a few and don’t think I’ve found one that works correctly in baking
Paige WilliamsDecember 17, 2018 at 5:22 pm
Sorry! I am just seeing this! I use Earth Balance vegan butter sticks and they work pretty much exactly like butter! I have found that some coconut butters are very wet and you need to add a little more Gluten free flour to bind them!
Gluten-Free + Vegan Chocolate Crinkle Cookies - Paige BakesNovember 6, 2020 at 7:50 pm
[…] From the day after Thanksgiving to Christmas dinner I have these cookies on repeat in the oven. My chocolate snickerdoodles, chocolate peppermint bread and these are my go-to chocolate recipes for the holiday […]
Gluten-Free & Vegan Chocolate Fudgy Brownies - Paige BakesDecember 21, 2020 at 7:11 am
[…] holiday season makes chocolate taste that much better! Last year, I was on a chocolate kick with my chocolate snickerdoodles, chocolate crinkle cookies, peppermint chocolate chunk cookies (these are amazing!), and peppermint […]
Paige Bakes - Gluten-Free and Vegan Chai SnickerdoodlesDecember 6, 2021 at 4:00 pm
[…] the Christmas season. A few years back I developed one of my favorite holiday cookies – the Gluten-Free and Vegan Chocolate Snickerdoodle. Every year I make a variety of cookies for neighbors and friends and each year snickerdoodles are […]