Think all the best parts of banana chocolate chip bread without the bananas and a touch of spice. I absolutely love baking banana bread and have a ton of banana bread recipes on my website (see here). But I wanted to create a recipe that was equally as delicious for people who may not like bananas but want a yummy quick bread option or just because this recipe is so good!
Easy Gluten-Free and Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Bread
One thing that I love about quick breads is that they are simple to make. I like to compare them to a chocolate chip cookie, they can be as easy or complicated as you want them to be. I make them all the time and this recipe is no exception to that! Since I developed it a few weeks ago, I have been making it on repeat. It’s a true “pantry” ingredient recipe. No fresh fruit, no extra fluff just delicous and perfect for fall!
Ingredients for Gluten Free & Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Bread
When I think of a fall recipe, I think: easy to make on a rainy afternoon, something that warms you up, and something with warm spices. This recipe is all of those things!
- Chocolate chips ( I like to use Lily’s Chocolate Chips)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg
- Gluten-Free Flour (the best GF flour and the only one I use: Bob’s Red Mill 1:1)
- Pinch of Salt
- Dairy-free butter
What kind of Gluten-Free Flour is best for Baking
Not all gluten-free flour blends are made the same. I got diagnosed with celiac disease about 10 years ago and I have used my fair share of bad gluten-free flours and even made my own blends before Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 came out. I stand firmly that the blue bag is the best bag of 1:1 flour blend around. It’s amazing! I wish I was paid to promote the product I love it so much!
How to store / how long does this last?
I like to store my gluten-free quick bread recipes on the counter in either an airtight container or with a foil or covering on the top of the loaf pan. I have found, similar to cakes that if you refrigerate the bread it gets dry really quickly. If you take your time and have a slice a day, the recipe wil last on the counter for 5-6 days and maintain moisture… but it rarely lasts that long in our house!
Recipe: Gluten Free & Dairy Free Chocolate Chip BreadPrint
Gluten Free & Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Bread is the best fall quick bread recipe. It’s easy to make and has everything you like about banana bread without the bananas.
- 1/3 cups of melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cups of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cups of sugar-free dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°f and grease your loaf pan with vegan butter
- Melt your vegan butter and add to a bowl with your maple syrup
- Next add in your vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg
- Whisk your egg into the mixture until the egg or flax egg has been fully incorporated
- Add in your gluten-free flour using a folding motion to keep the banana chunky in the batter
- Chop your sugar-free dark chocolate into chunks or add your dark chocolate to the batter
- Pour your banana bread batter into your prepared loaf pan
- Bake your loaf for 45-55 minutes
Keywords: gluten free bread, gluten free banana bread, gluten free chocolate chip bread, gluten free chocolate bread, fall baking