My favorite thing about summer is hands down the fresh fruit! I find myself buying so much that sometimes I have to get creative with the leftover fruit, and that I find myself making easy crisp all the time for dessert!
Easy 3-Person Nectarine Cherry Crisp
Ingredients for 3-Person Nectarine Cherry Crisp
When I have extra fruit on hand in the summer I always bake it into a crisp because the rest of the ingredients are pantry ingredients you keep on hand all the time!
- Vegan Butter
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Maple Syrup
The best way to use summer fruit in a delicious and easy dessert, the 3-person Nectarine Cherry Crisp!
- 4–5 ripe nectarines
- 1 cup of pitted fresh cherries (can use frozen, just thaw them first)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1–2 teaspoon of maple syrup depending on how sweet your nectarines are
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons of old fashioned oats
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 6 1/2 tablespoons of gluten-free flour
- dash of ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly grease your 3 ramekins with vegan butter
- Wash and slice thin the nectarines (it’s optional to remove the skin) and pit the cherries
- *optional to include cherries
- In a bowl combine the filling ingredients and gently toss to coat the fruit
- Add enough fruit to each ramekin that the form little piles above the edge of the baking dish
- In a separate bowl, using a fork or your fingers combine the topping ingredients to form a rough crumble
- Top the ramekins with about 1/3 cups of crumble
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes until the fruit is soft and oozing or the crumble is golden brown
- Enjoy with vegan ice cream or plain
* optional to include cherries
Keywords: nectarine crisp, peach crisp, gluten free crisp
I personally love to serve these warm with vanilla vegan ice cream on top, so the icee cream melts into the crisp! If you have any left over, I also lve to eat them for breakfast cold from the fridge!