Every Christmas we make our favorite family recipe, the lemon bread. This year I teamed up with Health-Ade to create a take on my families favorite recipe with their ginger-lemon flavor. This flavor is bright, spicy and the perfect drink for the winter months.Print
the easiest, yummiest cake for every occasion!
- 1 cup of vegetable shortening (rainforest certified)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 zested lemon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 flax eggs or 4oz of whipped aquafaba
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- pre-heat your oven to 350°F, grease your loaf pan with vegan butter and dust with gluten-free flour
- in your bowl with a electric hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, whip your vegetable shortening with your sugar
- next add in your baking powder, salt, vanilla extract and lemon zest
- add in your flax eggs, lemon juice and your almond milk until combined *batter might separate here but it will come together 🙂
- lastly mix in your gluten-free flour until a soft batter forms
- when your batter is smooth with no lumps, scrape down the bowl and do one more pass through with the mixer to get the last of the mix combined
- in your prepared loaf pan, scrape all your batter into the pan
- place in the oven and bake for 65-70 minutes
- once cooked through, remove the cake and drizzle on your combined sugar and lemon juice mixture
- bake for a remaining 5 minutes to set the topping
- remove from the oven and let it cool for 30 minutes before slicing
- serve with ice cream or plain (my favorite way!)
* the batter might break after you add in the liquid but it will come together with the flour * make sure you don’t toss out the ends when you bake the bread, this is the best slice so save that slice for yourself
Keywords: gluten-free lemon bread, lemon bread, quick-bread
The flavors of ginger and lemon combined is hands down my favorite combination year round. Every night before bed I make my own tea that is grated ginger and freshly squeezed lemon. When Health-Ade asked me to create a recipe with their ginger-lemon flavor I knew I needed to make a lemon bread. Combining my two favorite flavors was a must!
This gluten-free and vegan bread defies the stereotypes of gluten-free & vegan baking. It’s so soft, tender and full of flavor. This quick bread has a soft but tangy top that allows you to get the tang of the lemon with the sweet sugary crunch!
Add this delish bread to your holiday table this season! A great breakfast for the day after Christmas or New Years Day!