A few months ago (wow!) I did sugar-free January! This personal challenge really helped me reset my taste buds and enjoy food again! The challenge for me was not to loose weight, or to lean out, it was truly to wean myself off of the dependency of sugar. During the holidays, sugar is freakin’ everywhere. It is so easy to grab a cookie at 4pm hunger rather than an apple.
I felt that this reset was the best thing for my mental health and my physical relationship with food! I created this recipe in January for Sugar-Free Chocolate chip cookies that were also gluten-free & vegan! They were a HUGE hit!
I am a huge double chocolate lover. Those double chocolate costco muffins use to be my all time fave, but alas…they ain’t vegan or gluten-free and would most likely kill me from a dairy attack and definitely from the enriched wheat flour.
Let’s Start Baking!Print
no sugar, no gluten, no dairy+ animal products, ALL the flavor and ALL the sweetness of a double chocolate chip cookie!
- 1/2 of a ripe banana
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup or sugar free maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of flax meal
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter ( I like creamy)
- 1/2 cup of cashew milk (or nut milk)
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips (I love Lilly’s brand!)
- pre-heat your oven to 350°F and line your baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper
- in a bowl break down your banana until very small chunks are left
- add in your maple syrup, peanut butter, salt, and baking powder
- next add in your vanilla and maple syrup
- using a fork, mix in your almond flour and your flax meal
- lastly, fold in your cocoa powder and chocolate chips
- using two teaspoons, scoop your cookies on to a sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes until formed
- let cool and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: .5g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: .5g
Keywords: sugar free, gluten free and vegan double chocolate chip cookies
These little cookies have all the chocolate flavor, hidden pockets of chocolate chips. A light and fluffy texture but 0 sugar, 0 gluten, 0 dairy + animal product and LOW CARB! When you eliminate sugar you eliminate tons of unnecessary carbs!
I love to have two of these little cookies for breakfast with my coffee, the sweetness is a fun balance with the rich coffee flavor!
Enjoy these healthy cookies and live free of sugar and gross additives! Tag me if you make them! Hugs!