I am in love with cinnamon. Truly, ground cinnamon is my favorite spice. It is so versatile for both savory and sweet recipes. I love adding it to my baking with chocolate to enhance the flavor and also add it into savory dishes as well. When I think of the ultimate sweet, and spicy treat, my mind goes to cinnamon rolls. There is something just so satisfying about the cinnamon sugar, gooey center and sweetness of the dough. If you haven’t gathered in the last 5 sentences, I love cinnamon sugar! My go-to recipe for yeasty cinnamon sugar is my gluten-free and vegan monkey bread, gluten-free and vegan cinnamon swirl bread, and even my gluten-free and vegan cinnamon rolls.
If I could eat cinnamon rolls everyday…I literally would but they are a lot of work. The rising, the yeast, the rolling the mess, it is a full production, even fro someone like me that bakes everyday! I had been brainstorming recipes and I knew that I wanted to make a quick bread, because quick bread recipe are one of my favorites genres to develop. There is something so satisfying about the texture and the ability to create unique flavors into sweet loaves.
After a few brainstorms, I decided I wanted this recipe to not be a coffee cake. Coffee cake is a delicious snacking cake, but they are in their own genre. I felt like this recipe needed the gooey center of a traditional cinnamon roll that would have you reaching for the corner piece. The soft and sweet center has the same sweet flavor of a yeasted cinnamon roll without the rising! Top with the cinnamon spiced icing and you will be smiling all day long!
Everything you love about cinnamon rolls but in quick bread form! Sweet and spicy with gooey cinnamon sugar ribbons topped with a sweet cinnamon glaze. Bake this delicious treat for an occasion without all the work of traditional cinnamon rolls!
- 1/2 cups of vegan butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of unsweetened dairy free milk or water (I like to use unsweetened cashew milk)
- 2 cups of gluten-free flour (I use Bobs Red Mill 1-to-1)
Cinnamon Sugar Swirl:
- 2 tbsp of melted vegan butter
- 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 2–3 tbsp of water or dairy-free milk
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease your loaf pan with vegan butter
- In a mixing bowl, cream your vegan butter and sugar together until lighter in color and fluffy
- Next, add in your vanilla, baking powder and salt
- Alternate adding the dairy-free milk and gluten-free flour until your batter has formed
- In a separate bowl, stir your melted butter, sugar and cinnamon together to form a sugar paste
- Pour half of your batter into your prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly with your rubber spatula
- Spoon half of your cinnamon sugar mixture on top of your batter
- Using a knife, gently swirl your sugar into your batter
- Pour the rest of your batter onto of the sugar swirl and spread evenly with a spatula
- Using your remaining sugar mixture, swirl your cinnamon sugar on top of your batter
- Bake your quick bread in your heated oven for 55 minutes to 1 hour until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- While your quick bread is cooling, mix your glaze together until it forms a semi-loose glaze
- Drizzle the icing on top of your loaf when your quick bread is completely cooled
- Serve and enjoy!
* this recipe has only been tested with Bobs Red Mill Gluten-free Flour 1-to-1
Keywords: gluten-free and vegan cinnamon rolls, gluten-free and vegan cinnamon roll quick bread, cinnamon roll bread, cinnamon rolls
Look at the glaze!
One thing that sets this recipe aside from others is the sweet + spicy glaze! The added cinnamon gives the traditionally sweet glaze a little kick! The little pieces of ground cinnamon add to the color of the glaze giving it some life!
Go ahead and try it for yourself!
This is now my go to recipe for a brunch, sweet snack or dessert when I am craving cinnamon rolls! Give it a try yourself and tag me if you make it!