Let me just start by saying, monkey bread is the best snack, dessert, breakfast and food.
Monkey bread is a yeasted bread, where each little bite is rolled in cinnamon sugar and placed into a pan to form multiple little balls. You bake these bites together, and the cinnamon sugar all melts together and make it a fun and easy dessert. Rather than cutting bread, you get to pull off your bites making the experience oh-so fun!
It’s no surprise if you have been following my instagram that I am on a yeasted bread kick! I make a fun yeasted bread at least once a week whether it is my gluten-free french bread, or my cinnamon swirl bread, I am baking something with yeast!
This weekend, amongst the craziness of the corona quarantine, I decided to do my favorite hobby, activity and passion…baking!Print
gluten-free and vegan monkey bread that is so easy to make, sweet, delicious and the perfect fun treat!
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water (110°f)
- 1 packet of yeast
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2.5 cups of gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp of melted vegan butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 425°F and grease a loaf pan with vegan butter
- In a bowl mix your packet of yeast, sugar, and 1 1/2 cups of warm water and let that sit for 10 minutes to activate the yeast
- The yeast should start to become fragrant and bubble, almost forming a top layer on the water with yeast
- While the yeast activates, mix your 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tbsp of cinnamon and set aside
- When that happens, add in your salt and 2.5 cups of gluten free flour
- Be careful not to over mix, but using a rubber spatula fold in the flour
- Once the flour is combined into the yeast mixture, using two fingers, pinch about 1″ of dough and roll into a ball, the toss into the sugar cinnamon mix until it is fully coated
- Place each ball into your greased loaf, repeat with the remainder of the dough
- Put your loaf pan near your oven to rise in a warm location with a towel over the top
- Let your dough rise and expand for 1 hour
- Right before your hour of rising is up, melt your butter and mix with your remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture
- Pour that mix over the dough and place in the oven for 25 minutes
- Remove and let cool, pop out of the pan and enjoy!
Keywords: gluten free vegan monkey bread, gluten free monkey bread, gluten free bread, gluten free vegan bread
The best quarantine snack you can make and take little bites all day! I have been on a kick lately with cinnamon sugar bread and can’t stop making it! Now it’s your turn!