Let me just start by saying, monkey bread is the best snack, dessert, breakfast and food.
Monkey bread is a yeasted bread, where each little bite is rolled in cinnamon sugar and placed into a pan to form multiple little balls. You bake these bites together, and the cinnamon sugar all melts together and make it a fun and easy dessert. Rather than cutting bread, you get to pull off your bites making the experience oh-so fun!
It’s no surprise if you have been following my instagram that I am on a yeasted bread kick! I make a fun yeasted bread at least once a week whether it is my gluten-free french bread, or my cinnamon swirl bread, I am baking something with yeast!
This weekend, amongst the craziness of the corona quarantine, I decided to do my favorite hobby, activity and passion…baking!Print
Gluten-Free & Vegan Monkey Bread
- Prep Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf of monkey bread 1x
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
gluten-free and vegan monkey bread that is so easy to make, sweet, delicious and the perfect fun treat!
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water (110°f)
- 1 packet of yeast
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2.5 cups of gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp of melted vegan butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 425°F and grease a loaf pan with vegan butter
- In a bowl mix your packet of yeast, sugar, and 1 1/2 cups of warm water and let that sit for 10 minutes to activate the yeast
- The yeast should start to become fragrant and bubble, almost forming a top layer on the water with yeast
- While the yeast activates, mix your 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tbsp of cinnamon and set aside
- When that happens, add in your salt and 2.5 cups of gluten free flour
- Be careful not to over mix, but using a rubber spatula fold in the flour
- Once the flour is combined into the yeast mixture, using two fingers, pinch about 1″ of dough and roll into a ball, the toss into the sugar cinnamon mix until it is fully coated
- Place each ball into your greased loaf, repeat with the remainder of the dough
- Put your loaf pan near your oven to rise in a warm location with a towel over the top
- Let your dough rise and expand for 1 hour
- Right before your hour of rising is up, melt your butter and mix with your remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture
- Pour that mix over the dough and place in the oven for 25 minutes
- Remove and let cool, pop out of the pan and enjoy!
Keywords: gluten free vegan monkey bread, gluten free monkey bread, gluten free bread, gluten free vegan bread
The best quarantine snack you can make and take little bites all day! I have been on a kick lately with cinnamon sugar bread and can’t stop making it! Now it’s your turn!
Sugar-Free January 2021 - Paige BakesJanuary 1, 2021 at 8:08 am
[…] Well, 2020 was a weird year and I have to say there were times I was only eating sweets (queue the Monkey bread, pumpkin cookies, lemon bread, and more) and then this December, my sugar intake was less than I […]
Gluten-Free + Vegan Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread - Paige BakesFebruary 23, 2021 at 4:42 pm
[…] in the last 5 sentences, I love cinnamon sugar! My go-to recipe for yeasty cinnamon sugar is my gluten-free and vegan monkey bread, gluten-free and vegan cinnamon swirl bread, and even my gluten-free and vegan cinnamon […]
Paige Bakes - Gluten-Free & Vegan Pumpkin Chai SnickerdoodlesDecember 10, 2022 at 1:01 am
[…] sparkling water. Weird, I know. I crave cinnamon in all forms from sweet like a snickerdoodle, or my monkey bread (a double whammy craving of carbs and cinnamon), to cinnamon added to my coffee or even cinnamon […]
Paige Bakes - Gluten-Free & Vegan Chai Monkey BreadDecember 21, 2022 at 12:58 am
[…] I tested and tested and tested the inspiration for this recipe and made a traditional monkey bread; Gluten-Free & Vegan Monkey Bread. To me, adding chai spice to a cinnamon recipe adds such a great depth of flavor while adding a […]