It’s the season for pumpkin and all things pumpkin spice! Would you believe me if I told you that I have never had a pumpkin spice latte? What I love about pumpkin season is the warmth of the spices, the cozy vibes and the abundance of sweet treats! My husband isn’t the most “season” pumpkin fan but he was loving these pancakes. To me that is a great indicator of the diversity of this breakfast item.
The PERFECT Pumpkin Pancakes
What makes pancakes good? I feel like there are a few characteristics that are universally loved in pancakes like crispy edges, fluffy interior, and the batter having a depth of flavor. These pumpkin pancakes have a great balance of pumpkin spice flavor, pumpkin flavor and buttery richness from the vegan butter. As a kid we used to call pancakes with crispy edges “lefty pancakes” because my mom is left-handed and arguably the best pancake cook in the family. Each pancakes whether it is the first one in the batch or the last has a rich crispy edge, a pillowy texture and a deep buttery flavor.
Ingredients for Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
Gluten-Free pumpkin pancakes maintain the flavor of a traditional pancake with fall injected right into it!
- Pumpkin Puree
- Ground pumpkin pie spice
- Gluten-free Flour
- Dairy-Free Milk
- Vegan Butter
Pumpkin Pancakes – the perfect fall breakfast
When I think of the perfect breakfast it often includes pancakes. The perfect Saturday for me goes as follows; wake up, have a cup of coffee, take my pup on a walk, come back home and whip up a delicious breakfast with my husband. I love eating seasonally and even in sweet goods , like adding pumpkin into our traditional pancakes.
Can you make a big batch & store them?
I made a huge double batch of these gluten-fee pumpkin pancakes and froze them for easy weekday breakfast. Once you make. all your pancakes, let them cool fully before you place them on parchment paper. Make sure there is a piece of parchment paper between each pancake and place them into an air tight bag or container. They last up to 3 months in the freezer. II like to thaw and cook them by popping them into the toaster for 3-6 minutes or putting them back on the stove with a little vegan butter!Print
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 15 pancakes 1x
The best fall breakfast for a cozy crisp morning! These pumpkin pancakes have it all, sweet flavor, warm spice and pumpkin flavor.
- 3 tablespoons of melted vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup of dairy-free milk
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 1/2 gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In a bowl mix together the melted vegan butter, dairy free milk, pumpkin puree, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract
- Next add in the baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice
- Using a whisk, add the gluten-free flour to your pancake batter in 1/2 cup increments and whisk until the batter is smooth
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with vegan butter, once the butter starts to crackle and bubble add 1/3 cup of pancake batter to the skillet and cook on one side until bubbles form, then flip to cook through the other side
- Set the cooked pancake onto a plate or cooling rack, repeat making pancakes with the remaining batter
- If you have left over pancakes, let them cool fully, then stack them with a piece of parchment paper in between them and freeze for up to 3 months in an air tight bag or container.
- To reheat the frozen pancakes, in a toaster or on a skillet with vegan butter
*you can omit the egg and add in 1/4 cup more of pumpkin puree
Keywords: pumpkin pancakes