I am all for a quick healthy treat! I love to make protein bites, super food bites and all things that can be grabbed and taken out the door!
These little no bake bites are full of natural flavor, healthy fats, omega 3 fatty acids and allergen fighting properties (ie honey!). I love the crunch, the sweet and the chewy texture that these bites provide.Print
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of chopped raw pecans
- 1/4 cup of gluten-free flour
- In a mixing bowl mix together your almond butter, cinnamon and honey
- Next add in your chia seeds, raw pecans and gluten-free flour
- Scoop out about 2 tbsp bites and place on a piece of parchment paper
- Top with 1 whole pecan and place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes
- Keep in the fridge and enjoy!
Keywords: gluten-free vegan superfood bites
Why add sugar and junk to your little protein bites? When was the last time you read the ingredients on a power bar wrapper? Yea, yuck! Those bars claim to be full of protein, low carb blah blah blah, and the reality is some are really great and most are full of crap. Make these, skip the non-recyclable wrappers and enjoy the flavor!
The thing that I love about these tasty treats is that they are no bake! Sometimes the texture of no bake cookies are something you just need in your life! These are sweet, chewy, crunchy and really satisfy that craving!
You can change the nuts you use, add flax and even use peanut butter! The almond butter adds such a nice chewy texture that aids in the no-bake appeal! But peanut butter would work too!
Make sure you tag me if you make them and enjoy these little superfood bites!