Hi! Do you love bread?! I love bread! When I was diagnosed with celiac disease I got really sad because I couldn’t eat bread, but guys they do make bread that is gluten free! Udi’s gluten-free bread is to die for and really hit my cravings when I needed bread. And honestly, I was always scared to make my own bread! I had made it hundreds of times with real all purpose flour and was scared to jump into the gluten-free bread world.
soft and pillowy this gluten-free french bread is the best addition to any fall soup!
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of flake salt
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water (110°F)
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 2 cups of gluten-free flour blend
- in a bowl with a whisk or a standing mixer with the whisk attachment, whip your egg whites with your apple cider vinegar and warm water until frothy
- slowly add in your yeast sugar and salt and let sit for 5 minutes to activate the yeast
- slowly add in your gluten-free flour while your whisk attachment is slowly working the dough
- transfer dough to a greased loaf pan to rise
- let the dough rise for 30 minutes and don’t cover with a towel or wrap
- bake for 40 minutes at 400°F until cracked on top and set
- remove from the oven and let it set for 60 minutes until slicing
- enjoy with vegan butter or your choice of topping!
* gluten-free french bread won’t form a dough ball that is smooth like traditional flour, make sure when it comes together with no dry clumps to transfer it to the loaf pan
* do not cover with a towel when your dough is rising, gluten-free flour is stickier and the towel will take off the crunchy topping
Keywords: gluten-free french bread, gluten-free bread
huge thank you to Bobs Red Mill for gifting me gluten-free flour!