One of my all time favorite foods are loukoumathes, a greek honey cinnamon yeasted dough that is fried and then while still pipping hot, rolled in cinnamon and honey. These little pillows of heaven call my name all the time! Since I don’t have a giant pot to fill with bubbling oil to boil my own, I decided do my take on the easy baked version.
Boy oh boy these little buns are unreal! They are soft, doughy, sweet and bright like honey can be!
Did I also mention they are easy to make? These little buns are one of the easiest yeasted bread recipes that I have created to date. Just a few quick stirs, an hour to rise and a quick bake these little buns are to be eaten warm!
Can you tell that I have been on a major kick for making yeasted gluten-free bread lately? It is so so so fun for me to get into the science of the yeast with gluten-free bread!
Let’s get to baking!Print
Gluten-Free & Vegan Sweet Honey Buns
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 buns 1x
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
sweet, doughy and arguably the best little sweet bun!
- 1 packet of yeast
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 1 tsp of honey
- 2 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup of honey (for glaze)
- pre-heat your oven to 425°f and run your tap so it become warm to the touch
- in a bowl add your 1 tsp of honey, 1 packet of yeast and 1 1/2 cups of warm water (no warmer than 110°f), whisk gently to activate your yeast
- After about 5 minutes your yeast starts to bubble
- Add in your 2 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour and using a rubber spatula until all the flour is combined
- Using vegan butter, coat 8 of the muffin tin sections going all the way to the top
- Scoop 3 tbsp of dough into each muffin tin with each spoonful creating differentiation in their placement almost like a pull apart bread
- Using the remainder of the dough follow those instructions until the dough is gone
- Place near a warm oven to rise for 1 hour
- After 1 hour the dough will be light and fluffy, drizzle, 1 tsp of honey over each bun and place in the oven for 20 minutes to bake
- Once they are golden brown, remove from the oven and drizzle 1 tsp more of honey over the warm buns
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Keywords: gluten-free bread, gluten-free honey buns
Now that you have your buns ready are you going to eat them for breakfast? A snack? An after dinner snack? There is no right time to eat them you just have to make them so you can eat them!
The best part of these buns for me is the sweet honey glaze that drips down the sides during baking and coats the whole bun in sweet goodness!
Tag me if you make them so we can bake together!