Well dang that is a mouthful! But, seriously, you will want a mouthful of these soft, sweet and subtly lemony coffee cake muffins.
A few weeks ago I got my order from Foodlyn in the mail and they had sent me the most beautiful looking blueberry lavender jam from Roots Kitchen. Since it is not quite fresh berry season here in Montana (we still have some snow on the ground), this jam was a great substitute for fresh berries in my blueberry coffee cake!
Among all this chaos that is in the world right now, I feel like my work life is busier than ever and I am really blessed to be working right now. I was feeling kinda weird with all that is happening in the world and really needed to just have a moment to myself to work through it. I was drinking my coffee and just taking a moment and felt like I was missing a little treat.
The next day, I grabbed this jam, my ride or die gluten-free flour (yes, I talk about it all the time! gotta love Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 – no sponsored – wish it was!) and set out to make these muffins…at 10pm.
Let’s get to baking!Print
Gluten-free & Vegan Blueberry Jam Coffee Cake Muffins
the best gluten-free and vegan blueberry crumble muffins of the season! full of fresh blueberry flavor but you can make these year round even when blueberries aren’t in season!
- 1 1/2 sticks of vegan butter (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 3/4 cups of almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 3/4 cups of gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup of blueberry jam
- 4 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 6–8 tbsp of gluten free flour
- 2 tsp of sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F and line your cupcake tin with paper liners ( I like the natural parchment ones)
- In your bowl of your stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream your vegan butter and your sugar
- Add in your vanilla extract and baking powder after the sugar and butter are combined
- Next, add in your lemon zest and juice of a lemon
- Alternate 1/2 cup of gluten-free flour to 1/4 cup of almond milk until the batter is combined and smooth
- Scoop 2 tbsp of batter into your liners, top that with 1 tsp of blueberry jam and then 2 more tbsp on top of the jam to form a batter jam sandwich
- Complete the rest of the muffin liners with that sandwich technique
- In a separate bowl mix together your melted butter, gluten-free flour, sugar and ground cinnamon to form a crumb topping
- Top each muffin with about 2 tsp of crumb and place in the oven
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked through
- Let cool and enjoy!
These little muffins are so dang delish I think they will start to be a staple in my weekly baking. If you don’t have any blueberry jam, you could use strawberry or raspberry! Really anything! I haven’t tested this recipe with preserves so I am not sure how that would work! But hey, give it a whirl!
They are sweet, tangy, bright and so balanced you will be so happy you made them! As always, tag me if you make them and we can bake together!
Gluten-Free & Vegan Blueberry Crumble Muffins - Paige BakesMarch 29, 2021 at 8:31 pm
[…] shut down, I was inspired by pantry ingredients for everyday treats. I created this recipe for blueberry jam muffins because my husband and I were craving blueberry muffins one morning but it was snowy and cold in […]