One of my favorite things about food photography is the process of creating the recipes that I get to photograph. Being creative behind the camera and in the kitchen allows me to be my truest self!
Since, I discovered Health-Ade kombucha, I have been using their delicious flavors in my recipes for baking as well as frostings, and healthy cocktails! The intense color from the Beet kombucha makes the most brilliant colored spring frosting and the Reishi Chocolate Kombucha adds the a depth of flavor to my gluten-free & vegan brownies!
When I thought about what spring & summer meant to me, all I could think of were hot afternoons and early evenings, sitting outside with my doggy, husband and listening to the grass blow in the wind, with a plate of fresh baked brownies sitting on a plate between us. Brownies are the quintessential summer treat. Fudgy warm brownies, paired with coconut vanilla ice cream or cooked a tad longer and sliced square for ice cream sandwiches, they make the perfect end of week treat!
Let’s start baking! Here is what you’ll need!Print
Reishi Chocolate Brownies – Gluten-Free & Vegan!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 16 2″ thick brownies
so rich, chocolatey and delish!
– 1/2 cups of vegan butter
– 1/2 cup of sugar
– 1/2 cup of maple syrup
– pinch of salt
– 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
– 3/4 cups of gluten-free flour
– 1/4 cups of almond flour
– 1/2 cups of Reishi Chocolate Health-Ade Kombucha *optional
– 1/4 cup chopped pecans
– 1/3 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a square baking sheet with vegan butter or line with parchment
- in a bowl using an electric mixer combine together your vegan butter, maples syrup, sugar and salt
- add in your cocoa powder, flour, almond flour and reishi kombucha until smooth
- using a rubber spatula, fold in your pecans and chocolate chips
- pour your batter into your 9×9″ pan and bake for 20 minutes
- eat and enjoy!
*using kombucha and nuts are optional!
May is the official kick off of summer! The warmth is starting to kick in around the country and people have a lightness in them! The crickets are chirping and the birds are singing as the sunsets fill the sky. The hum of the world slows down in the summer months. Food tastes better and quality time fills your soul. Summer bbq’s start on the weekends, as do Friday nights around the fire. I love to pop open an iced cold Kombucha and enjoy my warm plate of infused brownies as the best night cap of them all!
When you think about summer…what fills your heart up? Let me know so we can daydream about what is yet to come these warm months and have a kombucha date to relish in the moment. Make memories and toast to a summer kick off!