I have the fondest memories of thumbprint jam cookies as a kid! My mom would always put them into our lunches for school and my favorite were the raspberry jam! I got the most amazing package from Foodlyn and couldn’t resist remaking these cookies with vegan ingredients and also gluten free!
This was the most delicious jam I have ever tasted! The raspberry has a hint of basil and just coats your body in a hug of delicious! But, I love pears! Like LOVE pears! When I tasted this pear jam I wanted to jump up and down its so amazing! The hint of vanilla bean in the jam adds the most amazing pairing to the shortbread cookies!Print
these shortbread cookies don’t taste gluten-free and vegan but they sure are! the super tasty treat for your afternoon tea!
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of jam (I used pear and raspberry basil preserves)
- preheat your oven to 350° F
- in a bowl cream your vegan butter with your room temperature maple syrup
- next add your vanilla, salt, baking powder and brown rice flour
- your dough will start to thicken and form, so add in your coconut flour next
- pinch about 1″ of dough and form in to a ball
- using the back of a small spoon or your tsp measuring spoon, gently press down to form a small indent (this is where your jam will live)
- add about 1/4 tsp of jam to your cookie and bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookie is cracked and lightly golden brown
- eat and enjoy!
Keywords: cookies, vegan shortbread, vegan gluten-free shortbread cookies, gluten-free shortbread cookies
These cookies are perfect for the winter when you need a hint of summer! The jam adds the freshest bite to the cookie and you can’t just have one!
Seriously, you need to place an order for these jams and try out this recipe! It will immediately transport you back to your childhood! Tag me in them when you make them and enjoy!