I loveeeeeee healthier options for cookies! When my sweet tooth kicks it kicks in hard and I love a good cookie! But, when you have celiac sometimes you can't find one that satisfies! I tend to keep a few containers of cookies in the freezer for when those cookie cravings hit! I like to have my options and these are some great healthy nibbles!
I am a huge coconut fan! I love the taste of the dates mixed with the coconut, the crunchy but soft textures mix perfectly.
Let's start baking because its making me hungry!
Ingredients: Pre-heat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit and line your baking sheet with a silicon pad
- 1/2 cup of pitted organic dates
- 1/2 cup of raw almonds
- 1 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon of organic honey
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (the higher the percentage of cocoa the less likely there is any milk)
1. In a food processor pulse the dates until they are chopped into small pieces
2. Add in the almonds and pulse together until a crumbly dough forms (2 minutes)
3. Next, add in your honey and the mixture will become a sticky texture
4. On your prepped baking sheet, pinch 1 " pieces of dough and roll into balls
5. Once all the dough is pinches into balls on the baking sheet, dip a spoon into coconut oil and press the back of the spoon onto the dough balls. *this prevents the spoon from sticking when pressing the dough flat*
6. Place a little pinch of coconut flakes on top of the cookies and bake for 10 minutes until the coconut flakes are golden brown
7. When the cookies are out of the oven, heat your chocolate chips in the microwave with your 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil
8. Drizzle the chocolate and coconut oil mixture on the top of the cookies!
9. Eat and Enjoy!