My little friend Moose is always trying to stick her cute little nose into my baked goods. I tend to feel really guilty when I can't sneak her a nibble of these treats and tend to end up baking her a little something on the side. Today, I figured I would make something that the two of us could enjoy together! For the human version I added 70% cocoa chips and for Moose's I of course omitted the chocolate since she is a doggy!
These little bites are healthy, yummy and satisfy that sweet tooth with minimal but real ingredients! Make sure you try these yummies out and tag your pups in the pictures as well! *remember chocolate can be deadly to dogs so add the chocolate after you make their treats*
Ingredients: Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of Oat Flour (pulse your oats in a food processor or blender until fine, or buy some pre-made)
- 1 teaspoon of local honey
- Dark Chocolate chips *human cookies only*
1. In your bowl or stand mixer, smash your banana until smooth (you can leave chunky...Moose just doesn't like banana chunks)
2. Add in your 1/2 cup of peanut butter and beat until all combined
3. Next, add in your oat flour, again this can be made by pulsing oats in a blender or food processor until fine or bought from the store
4. Lastly, add your honey to the mixture and combine into the batter
5. Roll the dough into small balls with two spoons or a cookie scoop onto a baking sheet
6. When you have place your cookie dough without the chocolate on the baking sheet, repeat the same step above for your own cookies
7. When your cookies are complete place a few dark chocolate chips on the amount of cookies you wish to eat!
8. Bake and wait until cool to serve the plain bites to your four legged friend!