If you guys are like me... when I start eating brownies I just continue to crave them constantly! I made a variation (minus peanut butter) a few weeks ago for my sisters book launch party (check her out here). When I got to Salt Lake to be with Drew he kept mentioning that he would like a peanut butter brownie. Since of course we are a gluten-free home (cough thank you so much cutie for helping with my auto-immune disease --read about celiac here) I set out to make a delicious gluten-free & vegan peanut butter brownie to satisfy both of our chocolate cravings!
To be honest... once you make this you most likely will eat the whole pan. FAIR WARNING!
Let's start baking!
Ingredients: Pre-heat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit and lightly grease your 8x8 baking pan (you can use a circular cake pan to make a brownie cake like I did here!)
- 6 tablespoons of almond milk
- 1 stick of melted earth balance butter (or 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup of organic cane sugar (grab some from Thrive Market here)
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup of brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of smooth melted organic peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
1. Melt your vegan butter or coconut oil and whip with your granulated cane sugar
2. Next, add in your maples syrup and combine into the sugar mix
3. Slowly add in your almond milk and cocoa powder mixing until smoothly blended
4. Add in your vanilla, salt, baking powder and beat until combined
5. Next, slowly incorporate your brown rice flour and almond meal until a batter forms
6. Using a rubber spatula hand fold the chocolate chips into the batter
7. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish, pour your melted peanut butter on top of the batter and using a knife swirl it into the brownie batter and bake for 20-25 minutes until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean
8. Let cool until you can't stand it and need to eat them!
9. Enjoy and tag me in your images!