I've been finding more ways to use my coffee lately. As some of you guys know if you have been following along on Instagram, I am a huge coffee lover. I do some freelance work for Black Rifle Coffee Company which leaves me with bags of their delicious roasts!
For memorial day, my fiancé and I headed out hiking for a few days with Moose which left us starving when we returned home! Neither of us thought to bring snacks so I figured why not create a caffeine packed delicious treat! I whipped up some Vegan Espresso Caramel my espresso from Black Rifle Coffee Company.
This is perfect to drizzle on nuts for caramel nut clusters, on your ice cream or even to sweeten your coffee!
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cup of cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of extra fine espresso grounds
1. In your small sauce pan heat your cane sugar up for 1 minute until warm
2. Gently pour your can of coconut milk into the pan
3. Next, add in your salt and vanilla extract
4. Bring your coconut milk, sugar mix to a boil for 3 minutes
5. Add in your espresso grounds and stir while it boils
6. Reduce the heat and bring your caramel to a simmer for 25 minutes until it sticks to the back of a fork *thick but not sticky
7. Let cool for 1 hour until it thickens up
8. Enjoy on anything!