Its now fall, the leaves are changing and I have cinnamon on my mind! My favorite part of apple pie is definitely the middle. The soft cinnamon apples with the tang of the lemon and the smooth nutmeg after taste. My mouth is watering thinking about it. Since I am a huge oatmeal nut, I decided to make some of my favorite oatmeal! To make it all easier, I threw it all in the slow cooker to really cream the oats.
Apple Pie Overnight Oats:
- 1 1/2 cup of gluten free oats
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 sliced apple with the skin on
- 1/3 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
1. In your slow cooker, pour in the water, and the oats
2. Slice your apples into 1/2" cubes and put them into the slow cooker
3. Stir the oats and the apples together after you place the cinnamon, nutmeg and the brown sugar into the slow cooker
4. Turn the slow cooker on high for 1 1/2 hours
5. When your 1 1/2 hours is up, stir and turn the slow cooker off and let sit overnight or for about 8 hours
6. After it sits, stir the oatmeal and heat up in a small bowl!