Drew came to visit last weekend and I figured I would surprise him with his favorite brownies. Since it was hot outside I got this feeling that we should make them into ice cream sandwiches! We ran to the store and got some cookie dough ice cream to put between the brownies!
The best way to change up this recipe and make it into workable brownies is to use a flat cookie sheet with edges to transform them into a thin brownie!
Follow along for the recipe and don't forget to follow me on instagram for more images and fun things!
Ice Cream Sandwich Brownies: Preheat your oven to 350° fahrenheit
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
-1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Ice Cream: Ice cream of your choice, or you can use a sorbet if you like that! Recipe linked here
1. In sauce pan on the stove, melt your butter, brown sugar, and sugar together
2. Remove from the heat and let cool for about 10 minutes
3. When your sugar and butter has cooled, pour into a mixing bowl and stir in your flour, cocoa, salt and eggs
4. When you are finished and there are no lumps in your batter, coat a baking sheet (you need one with a lip) with parchment paper
5. Pour your batter onto the sheet and using a spatula, spread the batter evenly until 1/2" thick!
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until firm and the top looks like leather
7. Let the brownies cool for about 15 minutes and using a cookie cutter of your choice, cut out the brownies
8. Scoop your ice cream and place between two thick pieces of brownie
9. Enjoy and tag me in your creations on instagram!