I woke up this Sunday morning, extremely ready for the weekend. I've started a full time job working for my dream company and its a huge adjustment from those lazy mornings in college. I love the new change of pace! I've been learning so much at work and its been so inspiring for my blog. I feel a website update coming soon!
You know how new schedules can be hard to juggle, so its all an adjustment! Hang with me I promise I'll get into the groove with posts and new recipes once I get use to my daily routine!
Back to it! This morning was a lazy morning, I woke up slow with my puppy all cuddled up on the bed and decided to take my time this morning. While drinking my first cup of coffee I realized that I wanted to surprise my sister with her favorite breakfast! Waffles! I used the last leg of our summer peaches for a garnish and a sweet tang to counter the vanilla of the waffles!
- 1 3/4 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of coconut or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 sliced peaches
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- LOTS of maple syrup
1. In a bowl, whisk together your flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon
2. Whisk the milk, coconut oil and the vanilla into the batter until there are no more lumps
3. In your hot waffle iron, spread the batter evenly across your griddle and cook until fluffy and golden
4. Place your sliced peaches on top and enjoy while the waffles are hot!
5. Yields about 8 big 4" square waffles!