I woke up this morning and the baking bug had hit me hard. Starting a new job three weeks ago, I find that my routine with blog posting and baking has been set aside. I'm working full work days and come home and make my evening time full of cuddles and playing with my puppy. I've set my blog aside in the mean time and it has been extremely hard because I love blogging and I love all of my followers.
If it weren't for my favorite bloggers, both fashion and food I wouldn't be where I am today. Their strength has helped me jump into this world and really enjoy this platform. I love sharing my favorite recipes that are allergy friendly and all people who have allergies to indulge in the best things too!
I'd never made biscotti and I decided to jump into it and create a new recipe for it! I don't know if many of you know, but all the recipes on my website are curated and all original made in my kitchen! Baking to me is such an experiment and I love creating new recipes that taste amazing and make me feel great!
Now, lets start baking!
Chocolate Biscotti: Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- 1/4 cup of palm shortening
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup of dairy free chocolate chips
1. In a food processor, blend your palm oil, sugar, coconut sugar, maple syrup, baking soda
2. For about 2 minutes blend the almond meal, peanut butter, coconut milk, vanilla and the coconut flour
3. In a separate bowl, remove the dough from the food processor and put it into a separate bowl
4. Add in your chocolate chips and stir until combined
5. On a cookie sheet, spread out your dough and using your hands combine the dough into a square for your cookie shape
6. Bake for 20 minutes on a 350 degree oven
7. When the cookies have cooled, using a sharp knife cut length wise and then cut horizontally into cubes