GUYS! I created this yummy in your tummy recipe that replicated the chewy chocolate chip cookie that we know and love! If you are like me..... a good chewy and warm chocolate chip cookie is so tempting! But when you know how horrible you will feel after you eat one, you look for alternatives! I woke up early this morning, grabbed my pup and headed straight into the kitchen! I was in a brainstorming and cooking mood! This came out of my brain and it actually worked this time!
If you are nut free, don't try this recipe because it contains a decent amount of almond flour, and I don't want you to be sick! But if you can eat them, then let's start baking!
Vegan and Gluten free Chocolate Chip cookies: Preheat your oven to 350°
In a food processor, pulse until fine your oats and your almonds
They should be flour consistency by the time you are done pulsing them!
In a mixer, cream the vegan butter and the maple syrup
Add in the two pulsed flours, vanilla extract, baking powder and the chocolate chunks
Scoop into rounds and bake for 14 minutes until golden brown like a chocolate chip cookie
line your baking sheet with parchment paper (you will need two sheets)
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal (pulsed in a food processor to form an oat flour)
- 3/4 cups of almonds (ground into a flour in a processor)
- 1 stick of Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1/2 cup of Maple Syrup (grade A)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of dairy free chocolate chips or dark chocolate cut into pieces
In your espresso machine, pull a shot of espresso or use a nespresso cup
Steam your milk and enjoy!