If I could choose a favorite season... I would choose winter. But fall is second by less an a millimeter! The chill in the air, the leaves, the amazing vegetables that are in season. Its all just so amazing! At work we are already launching our holiday collection and I came home so inspired to bake my best version of pumpkin bread. This recipe is moist and tastes 100x better than an Trader Joe's mix you could pick up!
Having celiac is a struggle, many of you out there who can relate understand that its hard to buy by the mix at the grocery store. Pumpkin bread is so widely spread over all companies that its hard to find one that won't cause a reaction. If you try baking this recipe, tag me in your instagram post with the hashtag #frontpaige and tag me in your image!
- 1 can of organic 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 3/4 cup of oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of organic local honey
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of all spice
- 2 large eggs (or flax eggs)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup of dairy free chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit and coat your 5x9" loaf pan with parchment paper
2. In a food processor, blend the pumpkin puree, almond meal, gluten-free flour, two eggs and spices
2. Add in the baking soda, salt, honey and sugar until well blended
3. In a hand held blender pulse your steel cut oats into a fine flour, or, measure out 3/4 cups of pre-prepped oat flour
4. Remove the blade, and pour in the chocolate chips and stir until evenly blended
5. Pour batter into your loaf pan and smooth evenly
6. Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes
7. Remove, let cool for about 20 minutes
8. Eat and enjoy!