sweet, spicy and full of fresh apple flavor! this apple bread is bright and sweet, a great afternoon snack!
- 1/2 of a honey crisp apple cubed (I leave the skin on) approx. 1 cup of cubed apple
- 1/2 cup of semi soft vegan butter
- 1/2 cup of dairy alternative milk
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour (I tested and use Bob’s Red Mill 1:1)
- 2 tbsp of soft vegan butter *not melted
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 4–5 tbsp of gluten free flour
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease your loaf pan with vegan butter, then dust with 1 tbsp of gluten free flour, tap the excess flour into the sink
- in a mixing bowl or a stand mixer, beat your butter with your sugar until creamy
- add in your vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking powder
- once combined, add in your 1/2 cup of dairy milk alternative
- the batter will be loose, so slowly add in your flour 1/2 cup at a time
- once the batter thickens and is the texture of a loose cookie dough, remove from your standing attachment and using a rubber spatula fold in your cubed cup of apple
- in your prepared loaf pan, pour your quick bread batter into the loaf pan
- in a separate bowl, mix together your crumb, I use my fingers or a fork to keep bigger chunks of the crumble in tact
- coat the top of the bread with the crumble and bake in the oven for 55 minutes to 1 full hour
- at 55 minutes, insert a toothpick or a cake tester, if the insertion tool comes out clean or with a few formed crumbs your bread is done!
- let your bread cool completely before slicing *or semi cool – I can never wait longer than 20 minutes!
- eat and enjoy!
Keywords: gluten free apple bread, gluten free bread, vegan gluten free apple bread, fall bread