A few years ago I randomly decided to test out a recipe for apple cinnamon bread. After 15 fails I was frustrated and posted when I had 96 follows on my website.
This summer I launched a new site, moved to another state, started a new phase of life and re-tested my apple cinnamon quick bread recipe. Not only did this bread need some delicate attention, it needed a new perspective on spices, bake time, rise time and more. Not to sound to philosophical but I feel like that is a metaphor for my life. Slowing down and breathing through the challenges rather than rushing to get it down. Age is beautiful in that it teaches you self patience.
Apple Cinnamon Quick Bread also taught me that same patience.
Not only is this bread sweet, spicy with tender apple chunks, it taste damn great with a big cup of tea on a cold winter day. The crumble just hits the spot and served warm makes you want to sing to the winter gods, because truly it’s that delish!
Quick Bread by definition is a quick style bread. No kneading, not proof time and no double rise. Banana bread is probably the most commonly known quick bread next to pumpkin (here and here) and lemon bread (recipe here). You can also try my true holiday quick bread recipe here for a Peppermint Chocolate twist on quick bread.Print
sweet, spicy and full of fresh apple flavor! this apple bread is bright and sweet, a great afternoon snack!
- 1/2 of a honey crisp apple cubed (I leave the skin on) approx. 1 cup of cubed apple
- 1/2 cup of semi soft vegan butter
- 1/2 cup of dairy alternative milk
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour (I tested and use Bob’s Red Mill 1:1)
- 2 tbsp of soft vegan butter *not melted
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 4–5 tbsp of gluten free flour
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease your loaf pan with vegan butter, then dust with 1 tbsp of gluten free flour, tap the excess flour into the sink
- in a mixing bowl or a stand mixer, beat your butter with your sugar until creamy
- add in your vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking powder
- once combined, add in your 1/2 cup of dairy milk alternative
- the batter will be loose, so slowly add in your flour 1/2 cup at a time
- once the batter thickens and is the texture of a loose cookie dough, remove from your standing attachment and using a rubber spatula fold in your cubed cup of apple
- in your prepared loaf pan, pour your quick bread batter into the loaf pan
- in a separate bowl, mix together your crumb, I use my fingers or a fork to keep bigger chunks of the crumble in tact
- coat the top of the bread with the crumble and bake in the oven for 55 minutes to 1 full hour
- at 55 minutes, insert a toothpick or a cake tester, if the insertion tool comes out clean or with a few formed crumbs your bread is done!
- let your bread cool completely before slicing *or semi cool – I can never wait longer than 20 minutes!
- eat and enjoy!
Keywords: gluten free apple bread, gluten free bread, vegan gluten free apple bread, fall bread
These bread styles are efficient, sweet and have a true crumb like a dense pound cake or a coffee cake. But hey, years ago they were classified as quick bread so we are running with this! Bread they are! And bread they will stay!
So this bread! It’s easy to make, full of delish spice, fresh apples and a crumb topping that is to die for. Make it for yourself for an afternoon snack or slice and eat for breakfast!
If you try out this recipe, give me a tag or a comment and tell me what you think! I love hearing from my fellow gluten-free & vegan bakers! Bake on!
Every New Year I set out to do no sugar January. I want this to be very clear, this is not a diet or diet culture or any other reason than to personally do this goal for myself. gluten-free miracle cupcakes Diet culture for new years resolutions is not something that I support. Eating healthy … Read More
There was a lot of big change in 2019, that to be honest, I am still wrapping my head around. This past year brought some huge life changes and some huge career changes for both Drew and I. Let’s start at the beginning.
the best holiday cookie! this cookie is full of cocoa flavor with a touch of peppermint! gluten-free & vegan perfection!