Let’s take a trip down memory lane. Back to summer when you were a kid, when the days were long, filled with laughs, snacks and tropical punch free flowing!
When Health-Ade told me their new flavor of kombucha was tropical punch, with notes of pineapple and mango, I about fell to the floor with excitement! Not only is pineapple my favorite fruit, but tropical punch booch, GUYS, this is the best thing since sliced bread! The heat of summer has hit, and the days are long, meaning there are more hours in the day to plan for picnics, days by the river and hours spent sipping tropical punch Health-Ade.
Two years ago, my summer looked different, there was an ocean and a pool involved. This year, since we moved back to rural Montana, we have an abundance of creeks, ponds and rivers to enjoy a picnic by. Landscape stretching as far as the eye can see in this big sky state. Scenery changes, moments change but the one constant of summer that stays with me from June into Labor Day weekend is the desire to be outside, 99.99% of the day.
The inviting summer breeze bouncing from mountains beckons me to the creek for my evening walks with my dog. The water dances in the eddys and bubbles natures music. With the flick of a wrist, the snap of the Health-Ade bottle opens and magically the easiest Tropical Sangria punch is made. A perfect compliment to a summer picnic.
When I think of Sangria, I think of sweet fruit, light tang and a whole lot of flavor. When the new flavor was released I knew that this flavor would pair perfectly with more fruit, a titch of tang and those delish notes of tea from the Health-Ade!
Slice some fruit and let’s assemble!Print
the best summer mocktail that makes you think you are on the beach!
– 1 bottle of tropical punch Health-Ade Kombucha
– 3 cups of pineapple chunks – 1 pineapple roughly
– 3 cups of slices mango chunks – roughly 2 mangos
– 4 sprigs of fresh mint for garnish
– 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
– 12 oz of sparkling water
1. on a cutting board prep your pineapple by slicing off the outer layer and the top
2. slice your pineapple fruit into 2″ pieces and place into a pitcher
3. next, slice your mango, slice the edges off the pit and score into squares, push the skin towards where the pit would be and scoop out the chunks, place into your pitcher
4. in your pitcher add your sparkling water, pineapple juice and kombucha
5. let the mixture set for 5 hours in the fridge to marinate, or overnight for best flavor
6. drink and enjoy the summer moments!
One of my favorite things about sangria is how easy it is to make! You take your favorite flavors and marinate them together to form arguably the most delicious drink ever! Another reason that I find sangria to be the best summer drink is that you control your own destiny, whether you want to add wine, or not the possibility is up to you. In this particular case, I felt that alcohol would hinder those sweet and sour notes in the pineapple and mango fruit punch flavor in Health-Ade.
Tag me in your summer adventures, so I can see what you are doing this summer!