I use to think that protein shakes were so weird and would make you look like a bodybuilder. Not that that is a bad thing but my first thought was those 80s models of women in tiny swim suits the size of a truck! But that is NOT the case. Protein powder has become a staple for me in my everyday workout routine and helps me hit my protein levels for the day!
Hitting your protein is crucial for all people but especially for women. Each person should be getting their body weight in grams in protein. For me, this helps me feel full after a workout and stay lean! I choose to have a plant based protein instead of a whey ( a milk based) because I can't have dairy. The one that I choose you can buy here (GNC PureEdge Complete Vegan Protein). I love this type, it taste so yummy and its gluten free, and vegan! It was a low carbohydrate level and a high protein content and not that many ingredients.
I find that the best way for me to drink it (sometimes I have to trick myself that its actually a milk shake) is following these steps below!
Follow me along as I prep for my wedding! Ask me questions you want me to answer in my next post, wedding, workout or food related and Ill answer!
Protein Packed "Milkshake"
- 1 teaspoon of natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 handful of ice
- 3 tablespoons of water
1. Using a small blender (I use a little magic bullet), pulse your water, ice and protein together until a little smooth
2. Add in your peanut butter and blend until all the ice is broken down
3. Blend until smooth and it should be the texture of a frosty
4. You can make it as thin or thick as you like ( I like it thick like ice cream)
5. Eat and Enjoy!