So I've been on a bit of a date kick lately! I'm not sure why! I bought a bag of them and realized that they are just so fun to bake with!
They add this natural sweetness and also have some great texture in a crunchy baked granola! I love to add granola to my smoothie bowls, yogurt bowls or just to eat plain. I am a huge fan of granola. To me granola is a deliciously sweet crunchy snack that pairs with anything!
Ingredients: Pre-heat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- 1 cup of organic gluten-free oats
- 1 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 7 pitted dates sliced into small pieces
1. In a small bowl, mix together your oats, shredded coconut flakes and the honey
2. Slice the dates into small pieces and add to the crumble
3. Lastly, add the teaspoon of coconut oil to the granola *this helps it crunch when its baked
4. On a baking sheet, spread the mixture out but not perfectly so it has some pieces stuck together
5. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes until golden brown
6. Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes, this allow the pieces of granola to create those delicious clusters!
7. Eat & Enjoy!