These days have gotten away from me, between wedding planning, work, walking my baby Moose and trying to keep up with friends and family, I've slightly set aside Front Paige. But I have decided to pull together a short little wedding series of what I'm eating, baking and doing for exercise these last few months before we get married!
On this rainy Sunday morning, I woke up early and was brainstorming my plan for the day. Banana bread kept lingering through my mind and I decided to whip up my favorite healthy banana bread recipe!
This banana bread in particular has no added oil, no refined sugar and no wheat flour. I have celiac disease and sometimes I find myself craving foods that my body can't have. That is where my brain storming comes in. Using some alternative ingredients, while keeping my health in mind, I tend to gravitate towards blanched almond flour as my flour source. It is packed with tons of healthy fats and its not very processed. The calorie content is all good calories that benefit the body and the mind. The protein helps build healthy lean muscles and the fat content helps with brain power and keeps your body fueled through the day! The bananas are packed with healthy carbohydrates that your body needs to function. I want to say this again, carbohydrates aren't bad for the body! They are fantastic when you are working out and moving all day! They burn into energy and are great for muscle repair!
Having a warm slice of my banana bread with a hot cup of coffee warms my heart. After a few hours of eating this I'll make my way to the gym to do some light weights and some body weight upper body exercises and a small amount of cardio. I find that works best for my body, is healthy eating, and medium weight exercises that are mixed with some light cardio!
If you have any questions regarding, eating to loose weight, wedding diets, weddings in general and or exercising please comment below and I'll help you out with all of these topics!
Lets now start baking!
Pre heat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of melted honey
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cups of blanched almond flour
-3 teaspoons of gluten free flour mix
- 1 large ripe banana sliced into thirds
- 1/3 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar
1. After you have pre-heated your oven, take your ripe bananas in a bowl and smash them lightly with a banana
2. Gently stir in the vanilla, spices (cinnamon & nutmeg), baking soda and the honey
3. Next, beat your egg and softly stir in the egg
4. Lastly, lightly incorporate your flours into the batter and stir until just combined.
5. Pour your batter into a coconut oiled loaf pan
6. Slice your third banana length wise and place on the top of the batter and sprinkle lightly with your remainder of the sugar and the cinnamon
7. Bake for 20 minutes on 350° Fahrenheit in your pre-heated oven.
8. Serve warm with some Earth Balance vegan butter or eat plain!